Breast lift surgery, also known Mastopexy, is a surgical procedure performed by a general or plastic surgeon to raise the breast by tightening the surrounding tissue in order to give the breast a better shape and support.
Childbirth, aging and significant weight loss can change women’s bodies’ shape particularly breasts. Breast uplift surgery can offer a way to regain body shape and confidence to many women. During a breast lift in Iran, excess skin is removed and breast tissue is reshaped to raise the breasts.
You might want a breast lift if your breasts sag or nipples point downward. A breast lift won’t significantly change the size of breasts, however, it can be combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction.
|Number of days in hospital||In general, no hospital stay is needed. |
Patients may need to stay overnight, but many patients can leave on the day of the surgery.
|Number of days needed to stay abroad||3-5 days.|
|Procedure duration||1 hour, sometimes may take more.|
Usually general anesthetic or local anesthetic.
Breast enlargement is a minimally invasive surgery.
Recovery from breast augmentation typically takes one to two weeks. Your breasts will be swollen and sore for several days after breast augmentation surgery. You will need to limit your activity for several weeks. In general, recovery from breast augmentation surgery is normally 4 to 6 weeks.
Before the surgery
Before breast surgery in Iran, you should follow these steps:
- Review your medical history and undergo a physical exam and schedule a mammogram.
- Discuss your expectations with your surgeon.
- Stop smoking and avoid some medications.
- Arrange for someone to help you during recovery.
- Be at a healthy weight.
During the surgery
You’ll get your breast lift in a hospital or a clinic -an outpatient surgery center- or the doctor’s personal operating room. The surgeon will mark the proper position where your nipple will go; then these steps are followed:
- Step 1 – Anesthesia
- Step 2 – The incision
There are three common incision patterns:
- Around the areola
- Around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease
- Around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease
- Step 3 – Reshaping your breasts
- Step 4 – Closing the incisions
After the surgery
After your breast lift in Iran, your breasts will be covered with gauze and a surgical support bra. You’ll feel pain and soreness around the incisions, which will be red or pink for a few months.
- Avoid straining, lifting and bending. Sleep on your back or sides to keep pressure off the breasts.
- Avoid sun exposure while healing and keep your incisions out of sun for a while.
- Avoid sexual affairs for at least two weeks after the breast up-lift surgery in Iran.
- Drainage tubes may be placed near your incisions which are typically removed within a few days. When your doctor removes the tubes, your bandages will be removed or changed as well.
- Some of your stitches will be removed while some of them will dissolve on their own.
- Wear the surgical support bra round-the-clock for 3-4 days. Then you’ll wear a soft support bra for three or four weeks.
Risks and benefits
Benefits of breast augmentation surgery
- Increased self-confidence
- Firmer breast appearance
- Improved nipple projection
- More attractive breast shape
- Youthful breast appearance
- A wider choice of clothes
- More feminine and attractive feeling
- Breasts rejuvenation
- Reduced under breast irritation
Risks of breast augmentation surgery
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Irregularities or asymmetry in the shape and size of the breasts
- Partial or total loss of the nipples or areolae
- Difficulty in breast-feeding
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Allergic reaction to the surgical tape or other materials
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the incisions made during breast lift surgery in Iran?
Incision locations are particular to each patient, based on the amount of skin that requires removal. In the mildest breast lifts, the cut may lie around the upper part of the nipple areola. With more ambitious procedures, the incision may reach around the areola, downward vertically or even horizontally beneath the breast.
I have seen scars for a breast lift and they seem excessive. Do breast lifts always involve so much scarring?
Various types of lifts are available. Some techniques have more scarring. In general, the scarring from a breast lift is proportional to the desired amount of lift.
I want a breast lift in Iran, but I plan to have more children. Should I wait until after having children?
Generally, patients should complete their pregnancies and breastfeeding before having a breast lift. Otherwise, the breasts might develop a recurrent drooping or sagging again. Occasionally, it is reasonable to do the operation earlier. For example, a woman who is planning on having another child in a few years but wants to feel more comfortable with her appearance during the interim could go ahead with a breast lift. Because this is such a personal decision.
Can breast lift and breast augmentation procedures be performed on the same surgery?
Yes, augmentation combined with mastopexy is frequently performed in practice.
How long will the breast lift last?
The reshaped breasts can maintain their new youthful and perky appearance for many years, but remember the aging does continue and gravity does continue to force the breasts down. Thus, the procedure should not be considered permanent, for it cannot permanently delay these effects that cause the breasts to sag. One way to help keep the breasts up and perky is to always wear a good support bra when you are standing or exercising.
Can I still get mammograms after breast lift/ mastopexy surgery?
Yes. In fact, we prefer a pre-operative mammogram before elective breast surgery for a baseline study. Follow up mammograms are always recommended on an annual or biannual basis.
How do I know if I need a breast lift?
To know if you need a breast lift, many people performed the pencil test. Here, you put a pencil under the breasts in the fold. If it stays while you’re standing, it’s a good probability you will need a lift. Another way is to measure between your collar bone (clavicle) and your nipple, if the measurement is greater than 10 inches, you probably need a lift. Another way is to see if your nipples are falling. If they point down, you need a lift.