IVF in Iran
For a long time, having some problems with fertility meant that you could not have kids of your own, and it was not possible for you to make a family. But now, couples who suffer from infertility may have a chance to have healthy kids with the help of the fertility treatments such as IVF.
IVF resembles hope for many couples who tried all the other treatments. If you are thinking about having IVF treatment, let us tell you all about IVF and why you should consider IVF in Iran.
IVF in Iran packages
IVF Package (4 weeks)
- IVF+ 3-star Hotel $3,590
- IVF+ 4-star Hotel $3,790
- IVF+ Private Apartment $3,890
ICSI Package (4 weeks)
- ICSI+ 3-star Hotel $3,990
- ICSI+ 4-star Hotel $4,190
- ICSI+ Private Apartment $4,290
Treatment Visa (T-visa)
Surgery, Lab tests, Medical photography, Medications, Surgeon visits
VIP Transfer (Airport/Hotel/Clinic), Medical Guide, Travel Insurance, Sim-card and Internet
3 to 5 Star Hotels Near Your Clinic/Hospital
IVF in Iran
Nowadays, Iran is one of the popular destinations for couples who want to have IVF treatments. Each year hundreds or thousands of couples travel from all over the world to have IVF in Iran.
The IVF treatments in Iran are so advanced since Iran has some of the best hospitals with novel medical equipment and many experienced doctors. On top of that, Iran offers better prices that make the treatment available to everyone.
How much does IVF Cost?
The cost of IVF varies from one country to another. However, IVF can be quite expensive in many countries, making it out of reach for many couples who may need it, especially since most medical insurances do not cover IVF.
The cost of IVF around the world is as the following:
- The United States of America: The cost of IVF in the USA ranges from $12,000 to $15,000 per cycle. It can cost around an extra $6,000 for each later cycle you may need.
- The United Kingdom: The Average cost ranges from $5,000 to $7,000 per cycle.
- Mexico: the average cost is around $6,500.
- India: the average cost of an IVF cycle is $4,000.
- Turkey: the average cost of IVF treatment is $3,700.
- Iran: IVF treatment costs starts from: $3,000
|Trip length||4 weeks|
IVF in Iran:
All you need to know
If you want to know more about IVF in Iran, and how to find the best surgeons, then you are in the right place. GOMEDIRAN provides all-inclusive packages for IVF in Iran at the best prices available.
What is IVF?
In-Vitro-Fertilization aka IVF is one of the most commonly used assisted reproduction treatments. This means that IVF will use medical and surgical treatments to help induce pregnancy by inseminating the eggs in the lab and then planting the embryo in the uterus.
How does IVF Work?
IVF treatment involves several steps that require a relatively long time. It can take a few weeks for the cycle to complete. IVF works as the following:
- Preparation: It is not exactly a step of IVF, but it is an important step to increase the chances of a healthy, successful pregnancy. You may be asked to use birth control pills during this period that comes before the treatment. Using pills that prevent pregnancy as a part of treatment that aims to conceive may seem strange, but it is a good method to enhance the chances of success and reduce the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- Ovary stimulation: This stage will start from the day you get your period. You will be given medication (around one to four shots a day) for about 8 to 14 days to induce the follicles to produce more eggs.
During this phase, the medical team will be monitoring the status of your ovaries (their shape and size) and may ask for some blood tests to see if you need to adjust the medication dose.
- Ovulation suppression: To make sure that the eggs are not released from the ovaries sooner, you will be given some medications to suppress ovulation.
- Ovulation preparation: When the ovaries grow to a good size, you will be given some shots to prepare your body for ovulation.
- Egg retrieval: The timing of egg retrieval is quite important as this phase needs to take place just before ovulation. When the time comes, you will be taken to the hospital, and the medical team will use a special device with a thin needle guided with ultrasound to pick up the eggs.
- Insemination: The medical team will mix the retrieved eggs with the sperm from the husband (or the sperm donor) in the laboratory. The sample will be already prepared by choosing the ideal sperm to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- The embryo's growth: The fertilized eggs will be kept in an ideal environment in the lab for 3 to 5 days. The medical team will monitor the embryos and run some tests to check for any possible genetic diseases during this period.
- The transfer of the embryos: After the embryos are grown enough, they are transferred into the womb. The procedure is simple and usually takes a few minutes.
Where to start with IVF?
To have better chances of a successful pregnancy with IVF, the preparation for IVF should start before going to the clinic. This means that you have to change several life habits, including your diet and life habits.
Here are some tips to prepare yourself for IVF treatment:
1- Eat foods that improve fertility
The first thing you need to do to prepare your body for IVF treatment is adjust your diet. It is essential to have a healthy weight before starting the treatment, meaning that you should lose or gain some weight (whether you are overweight or underweight).
The other thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to choose good foods to improve your fertility. It would be best if you had a diet rich in protein, magnesium, and iron with a low fat intake. Examples of that are leafy green, vegetables, beans, and foods that contain omega-3 fatty Acids. You need to eat less sugary foods and processed foods as much as possible.
2- Refrain from smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks
Smoking and drinking alcohol hurt fertility; therefore, you need to stop them for at least a month before the treatment. Caffeine can have a bad effect; therefore, you are advised to avoid caffeinated drinks or limit them to two cups a day at most.
3- Take some vitamins supplements
Vitamins greatly affect women’s health as they are necessary to regulate some functions like ovulation and affect the quality and maturation and the quality of the eggs.
The vitamins you are advised to take are:
1- Vitamin B
2- Vitamin C
3- Vitamin D
4- Vitamin E
5- Folic Acid
You can take supplements and choose food rich in these vitamins to help you improve the chances of better pregnancy.
4- Try to relax
Stress can have a negative impact on your fertility and make it harder to conceive. Therefore, you need to have a more relaxing lifestyle. Several methods can help you reduce stress, such as:
- Having enough sleep
- Exercising regularly
- Drinking fewer stimulant drinks
- Trying other methods such as meditation and acupuncture
IVF babies’ advantages?
According to scientific research, babies born via IVF appear to be as healthy as babies born naturally. Some studies showed that some males born via IVF have lower blood pressure and grow to be healthy adults with no abnormal diseases.
IVF babies’ disadvantages?
On the other hand, there is a chance that babies born via IVF can have an increased risk of congenital disabilities. Some of those babies are born with lower birth weight, and finally, there could be a risk of premature birth.
IVF success rate
The success rates for IVF treatment depend on several factors, such as the mother's age and the reason that causes infertility. The rates per age are:
- Under the age of 35: The success rate of IVF is around 47%.
- For ages from 35 to 37: The success rate of IVF is around 40%.
- From the age of 38 to 40: The success rate of IVF treatments is around 27%.
- Over the age of 40: A small success rate of around 7%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some scholars say it is permitted to use donor sperm or egg to conceive, whereas others say it is haram.
Get Your Free Consultation
If you have questions about IVF in Iran, please fill out