Nose surgery is a very popular cosmetic surgery but many do not know how to prepare for it! Have you decided to get a nose job? Good, I have listed things you should know and do before your nose job! How you should prepare, which medications you have to avoid and more.
What should I avoid one week before my nose job?
For at least one week before follow these instructions:
- Do not use any aspirin-containing medications; aspirin will increase bleeding.
- Do not consume vitamin E, which will increase your bleeding, too; vitamin E in your multi-vitamins is acceptable!
- Do not smoke! smoking will reduce the oxygen in the body, and increase breathing problems within the operation
- No alcohol: You are not permitted to drink alcohol for at least one week before your nose job.
- Some herbal supplements that contain garlic, ginseng, ginger, and ginkgo Biloba will cause bleeding after the surgery, consult with your surgeon about them.
- Quit your fish oil one week before your nose job, which increases bleeding
- Consume low-sodium foods, which increase fluid retention and swelling
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure: The UV light is damaging to the skin, which can complicate the healing process.
What should I do one week before my nose job?
It is just seven days to your rhinoplasty, and you still don’t know what to do? I have some recommendations for you:
- Prepare your recovery place: Assign a place in your home for your recovery period and bring all the necessary things around you to be easily reached.
- It is better to lie down in the first week after your nose surgery instead of bending or stretching.
- If you have pets, arrange pet care for the first 2 days
- If you have small kids, arrange for childcare for the first 2 days.
- Gather these things before your nose job:
- Shirts that button in the front (to avoid having to pull anything over your face)
- Comfortable robe, clothing, and pajamas
- Pick-up tool to pick things up from the floor without having to bend
- Entertainment such as movies, books, and magazines to help keep you busy during your recovery time
- Lip balms and dry mouth lozenges: Your mouth will get dry because you’ll have to breathe through it.
- Stool softener with the prescription of your doctor; narcotic pain medication may cause constipation.
- Ice packs for the first 48 hours after your nose job and warm compress for the next 48 hours
- Saline solutions to clean inside of your nose and wash away any surgical debris
- Fruits: bananas, tangerines, grapefruit, lemons, mangos, pears, and strawberries will fasten your healing process
- Fruit juices that you prefer, especially those containing vitamin C. Refrigerated drinks and beverages
- Vegetables such as carrots, fresh mushrooms, lettuce, spinach, squash
- Some prepared meals and snacks; Buy something soft and not chewy. Like soups, homemade macaroni, dishes like ham and potato. Because they reheat easily in the microwave or oven
- Chocolate and cocoa in small pieces that are not tight
What should I do 24 hours before my rhinoplasty?
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours before your nose surgery
- No nail polish or artificial nails
- Take a shower
- Take a walk for half an hour
- Wash your face with a light soap in the morning of your nose job to clean all cosmetics and moisturizing cream from your face
- Wear buttoned clothes
- Shave your face if possible (Men)
- Have one person as a companion
- Book for the transportation
- Double-check the time of your nose job with the secretary of the doctor
- Don’t forget to bring your insurance booklet on the operation day
I wish you an excellent nose job.
Need more information? Just fill the form below!