Where is the cheapest tummy tuck in the world?
Tummy tuck prices can be costly in some countries. In the United States of America, it can cost you around $7,000. In Canada, the average cost is approximately $9,500, and in the United Kingdom, it costs around $7,500. Therefore, a lot of patients choose to travel and have a tummy tuck abroad. The most popular destinations for tummy tuck surgeries are:
- Iran has gained more popularity as a medical tourism attraction, especially among patients who want plastic surgery. Iran offers low prices with great results and has many skilled surgeons with a lot of experience.
- Turkey is a popular medical tourism attraction just because of its low prices.
- Thailand: Many patients go to Thailand for a tummy tuck because they can have the surgery and enjoy a lovely vacation at the same time. Thailand offers low prices, around $4,500 for abdominoplasty surgery.
- Czech Republic: Many patients from Europe go to the Czech Republic to have abdominoplasty surgery. Tummy tuck in Czech costs around $3,000.
How much does Abdominoplasty surgery cost in Iran?
A tummy tuck is a common and popular cosmetic surgery in Iran. Also, Iran is a top-rated destination for patients coming for an abdominoplasty surgery because:
- Iranian plastic surgeons have high experience
- You can get an affordable tummy tuck in Iran
- High quality and modern private clinics
These are some of the reasons which made Iran a popular destination for cosmetic surgeries like abdominoplasty.
The cost of abdominoplasty in Iran depends mainly on the surgeon’s experience. On average, it can cost from $2,000 to $4,500 to have a tummy tuck in Iran.
Tummy tuck in Iran:
All you need to know
You are a bit overweight and want to have a beautiful body with a tight abdomen? You may try diets and exercise to lose weight and make the belly tighter. The training is good, but it has limitations; that’s why many people want to have tummy tuck surgery in Iran. Thousands of patients come to Iran each year to undergo tummy tuck surgery in Iran since they can get great results at a lower price. It is not always easy to find the right surgeon for cosmetic surgery abroad.
If you are considering having a tight abdomen, opt for a tummy tuck. However, many individuals conflict this surgery with other procedures like liposuction and weight-loss surgeries. Here we provide you with all you need to know about a tummy tuck in Iran.
What is tummy tuck surgery?
Tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty is a plastic surgery that involves removing extra skin and fat cells from the abdomen and tightening the muscles in the belly. This surgery is performed to eliminate the excess skin on the tummy that cannot be removed with exercise (like the stretched skin after pregnancy). And although abdominoplasty surgery involves removing fat, it is not a weight loss surgery.
A tummy tuck is not the same thing as liposuction surgery. However, patients can ask the surgeon to perform both to make the belly even flatter. Performing both procedures may improve the shape of the abdomen if you have some extra fat cells in your belly.
Who is a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery is usually performed for both men and women who want to improve the shape of their belly and make it flat. However, there are some conditions that the patient must meet to have a tummy tuck.
- Patients who are in good overall health with BMI under 30 with loose skin
- Patients with stable weight (losing weight will cause loose skin, and gaining weight will expand the belly)
- Women who are not planning to have children in the future
- Patients with weak or separated abdomen muscles
- Patients who have realistic expectations
- Non-smokers or patients who can at least quit smoking for some months before and after surgery
When to get a tummy tuck?
There is no preferred age to have a tummy tuck. You only have to be above 18 and may have the surgery as long as you are healthy enough to tolerate the anesthesia and meet the conditions needed. However, a lot of surgeons will advise against the surgery for patients over the age of 65.
How is a tummy tuck done?
Tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia and can take 3 to 5 hours to perform, depending on the desired results. The surgery steps may vary depending on whether you want to have a partial or full abdominoplasty.
Generally, the surgeon will start by making an incision in the lower abdomen. Then the surgeon will separate the skin from the abdominal wall, and the way of this cut depends on the amount of excess skin you have.
After that, the surgeon will create another incision to remove the extra skin and remove some fat cells from the belly. In the end, the surgeon will close the incisions (using sutures, adhesives, or even clips).
How to prepare for an abdominoplasty?
To avoid any complications and to get better results, you better make some preparations:
- Stop smoking and taking any form of nicotine alternatives at least four weeks before the surgery
- Follow a balanced diet that can provide all the needed nutrients
- Tell your doctor about any medication and supplement you are taking (especially if you are taking blood thinners)
- Stay hydrated and drink enough water
- Find someone to take care of your children if you have any
Tummy tuck recovery: What to do after abdominoplasty?
You should expect a lengthy recovery period after tummy tuck surgery, but the exact period depends on the type of surgery you underwent and your physical state. To make sure you get the best results after the surgery, you should:
- Avoid exercise for the next 4 to 6 weeks following the surgery.
- Wear a special bandage or a compression garment
- Avoid smoking and alcohol for at least six weeks.
- Sleep with your upper half elevated to reduce the swelling.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects (this includes your kids)
- Try not to get a lot of water on your dressings when you shower
Tummy tuck pain can be annoying for a few days, but the surgeon will prescribe you some painkillers. Following these recovery tips will help you heal faster, achieve more remarkable results, and avoid having any post-op complications.
How long does it take to recover from abdominoplasty?
Depending on the type of surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can take up to 6 months to recover fully. You may resume your job after four weeks, but you still need to take it easy and avoid adding more stress to your abdominal muscles.
When to exercise after a tummy tuck?
After the surgery, you will be in pain and need to rest for a while in bed. After a few days, you have to walk a bit to improve blood circulation and faster healing. But you better still do not do exercises like running and lifting heavy things for at least 4 or 6 weeks.
Sometimes your surgeon may recommend waiting for ten weeks before you resume your old exercise routine. Just keep in mind that you need to consult with your doctor beforehand to avoid any damage.
Tummy tuck risks and complications
Tummy tuck surgery is a relatively safe surgery in Iran. There is a minimal risk of any side effects in abdominoplasty, which is less than 4 percent. However, just like any surgery, there may be some possible side effects. Abdominoplasty risks may include:
- Slow wound healing
- Changes in sensations in the belly
- Cramps in the abdomen
If you suffer from any of the mentioned side effects, you must contact your surgeon right away.
Tummy tuck vs. mini tummy tuck
Whether you need a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck depends on the amount of excess skin you have. Patients with less loose skin will only need to undergo a mini tummy tuck surgery. The main difference between abdominoplasty and mini-abdominoplasty is the length of incisions. During a mini tummy tuck, the surgeon will make shorter incisions, but a full tummy tuck will provide more muscle repair and more tightened skin.
What you want to undergo will mainly depend on your physical state and on the results you desire from the surgery.
Plastic surgeons in Iran perform a tummy tuck, mostly under general anesthesia, and the patient will be asleep during the operation. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgery can take up to 6 hours.
A full tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, in summary, is like this:
It requires a horizontal incision between the pubic hairline and the belly button.
- Removing the excess fat and skin
After lifting the abdominal skin, the surgeon will repair (tighten) the underlying weakened abdominal muscles and also removes the excess skin and fat from the abdomen.
Then the surgeon stitches the patient. The patient can go home the same day in some cases, but, in most cases, the surgeon keeps the patient for an overnight stay in the hospital or clinic.
Tummy tuck vs. mommy makeover
Mommy makeover is a term used to describe a combination of plastic surgeries performed to improve the shape of a woman’s body following the changes caused by pregnancy. Mommy makeover usually includes a breast lift or augmentation, a tummy tuck, and liposuction.
If you are unsure whether you need a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover, consider that a tummy tuck is a single procedure. In contrast, the mommy makeover consists of at least two cosmetic procedures. While a tummy tuck only focuses on the abdomen, a mommy makeover will reshape the breast, stomach, and thighs.
How can I find a good tummy tuck surgeon in Iran?
Iran is a trendy destination for patients seeking high-quality cheap cosmetic surgery abroad. Just in 2019, more than 400,000 medical travelers visited Iran for surgeries and treatments. Why? It is because of the high quality and low prices of surgeries in Iran. For example, the cost of a tummy tuck in Iran, depending on the clinic and surgeon’s experience and the patient’s body situation, is generally between 2,000 to 4,500 US dollars. Thousands of patients come to Iran each year to undergo tummy tuck surgery in Iran since they can get great results at a lower price.
But finding the best plastic surgeon in Iran for a tummy tuck is not that easy.
Since you are here, you do not have to worry about arranging a tummy tuck in Iran. We can help you manage everything from obtaining a visa to finding a good doctor. With GOMEDIRAN, you can make sure you choose the right tummy tuck surgeon in Iran since we offer patient reviews and work samples from previous patients. All you have to do is contact us and tell us to provide you with all you need about tummy tuck in Iran.
The procedure of a tummy tuck surgery
Before the tummy tuck
If you have any plans for weight loss, you should perform them before the surgery. Significant weight loss after the procedure can spoil your results.
- In the initial consultation with your surgeon talk about your desired results.
- Stop smoking for 2 weeks before the surgery and 2 weeks after that
- Take a shower before your surgery. Do not apply anything to your body like lotions, perfumes, and deodorants.
- Follow the surgeon’s instructions about when to stop eating and drinking before the surgery.
- Arrange someone to drive you home after the surgery and stay with you for the first night.
During the tummy tuck
The area of surgery is often marked to make sure there is no error. During the abdominoplasty, two incisions will be made, one from the hip bone on one side to another side, close to the pubic area, and one around the navel (belly button). Your plastic surgeon removes most of the skin and fat between the belly button and pubic hair in a horizontal oval or elliptical shape and then will reposition the skin around the belly button. The belly button will be brought out through a small incision and sutured in its normal position. The incision from hip to hip above the pubic hair will be stitched together and will leave a minimal scar that falls along the natural crease within the bikini line.
After the abdominoplasty surgery
- You will get your instructions from the surgeon or assistant till your follow-up sessions.
- You have to wear an abdominal compression garment for a time.
- You have to care for incisions, drain tubes, and your scars during recovery.
- You will be instructed about how to lie, eat, and everything.
- Avoid heavy physical activity for at least six weeks.
What to expect after a tummy tuck in Iran?
After having a tummy tuck in Iran, the patient will have a more shaped and slimmer body, which will boost their confidence. Tehran is a big city with a large number of leading clinics and cosmetic surgeons in it, that’s why many people from inside and outside the country travel to Tehran to get the best cosmetic surgery available and with the most affordable prices of plastic surgeries in the world.
Many people are traveling to Iran after having bad results from their previous cosmetic surgeries in Europe, Turkey, UAE, and many other countries. Iranian cosmetic surgeons are the best to do the revision of their cosmetic surgeries, especially in facial surgeries (rhinoplasty, facelift, etc.) because of their higher experience.
You can enjoy the rich history and nature of Iran while you are recovering from your tummy tuck or any other surgery you have in Iran. There are beautiful snowy mountains, green places, and lots of fresh air in Iran.
The tummy tuck is a popular cosmetic surgery in Iran. Why?
The tummy tuck is one of the most popular plastic surgeries among Iranians and medical travelers to Iran, Because:
- Iranian cosmetic surgeons have gained a lot of experience over the years.
- The private medical sector in Iran made its best efforts to build modern facilities in the country to avoid people from traveling outside the country and also attract medical travelers.
Iran has emerged as the new cosmetic surgery hub of the world, and they even call Iran, the rhinoplasty capital of the world. The country is trying to be the capital of all cosmetic and plastic surgeries and has the potential of it. A tummy tuck is one of the fields of cosmetic surgery Iranian plastic surgeons have a lot of experience in it because of the fatty body genetics of Iranians.
Iran is a lovely place for tourists with its rich history and original nature, and it makes its medical tourism more attractive for middle-class European and Middle Eastern citizens.
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty in Iran is a minimally-invasive cosmetic surgery to remove excess fat and skin from your waist and abdomen and strengthen the abdomen muscles to have a flatter and more beautiful abdomen.