Blepharoplasty in Iran: All you need to know
We all know that over the passage of time our bodies grow old and our skin gets saggy. Eyelids are no exception in this regard. Eyelids are created to protect the eyes from external effects such as bright lights, dust, etc. They also provide your eyes with a beautiful shape. However, over the years, eyelids become weak and slowly lose their ability to perform or function, and that also affects our vision. In addition, when you have saggy eyelids, the shape of your eyes is no longer beautiful. Besides, it makes you feel a lot older than you really are. So, if you are suffering from what we call droopy eyelids and are planning to get eyelid surgery, continue reading because I know just the right place to do it.
Iran and medicine are two inseparable words. Historically speaking, Iran has always given great care to medical studies. Medical institutions in Iran are provided with the latest technology and the Iranian surgeons have gained a reputation for being the best in the field, especially ophthalmologists who are well experienced in all kinds of eye surgeries and always keep up with the latest medical updates. Therefore, many patients from all over the world are heading to this country every year to have blepharoplasty in Iran done by highly experienced Iranian surgeons.
The cost of blepharoplasty in Iran
One of the reasons why Iran is a desired destination for cosmetic and medical surgeries is the low prices along with the great value of their work and satisfying results. Compared with costs in other countries, especially European countries, the cost in Iran is considered way more reasonable and affordable by the majority of people of middle wages.
The cost of blepharoplasty in Iran ranges from $800 to $2,000$, while the cost of blepharoplasty in the USA ranges from 7,000 to 10,000$.
What is blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a medical or cosmetic surgery for removing extra skin and fat and sometimes eradicating a piece of the muscle to provide a youthful appearance and correct your vision if it was affected by the saggy eyelids.
What are the reasons behind eyelid sagging?
It is known that eyelid drooping results normally from aging when the skin and muscle lose their elasticity. However, there are other reasons such as the following:
- Some people have sagging eyelids as a birth defect, which must be treated immediately so it doesn’t turn into a squint.
- It can result from an injury or a disease (diabetes, tumor around the eye, stroke, Horner syndrome, etc.).
- It can be caused by swelling in the eye.
- filler injections in the wrong places can paralyze the area and cause the eyelids to sag.
- Shock or accident.
What are the symptoms of eyelid drooping?
- Visionary problems which occur when the saggy eyelid partially or completely covers the eye.
- Dry eye or excessive tearing.
- Pain in the eyelid and migraines.
- If you tilt your head up to some degree so you can see clearly.
Eyelid surgery types
There are two types of blepharoplasty:
Blepharoplasty can be performed for cosmetic reasons only for:
- Removing excessive skin
- Adding or removing fat to improve the appearance of the eyelid
- Eyelid lifting.
The common reason for medical blepharoplasty is to remove the saggy part of the eyelid that can negatively affect your eyesight and rejuvenate the shape of your eyes.
Before deciding whether to undergo blepharoplasty, one must learn about all the risks of the surgery. Blepharoplasty is not that dangerous, especially when you choose a professional ophthalmologist.
However, there are some complications that you should learn about, such as:
- Infections and bleeding
- Eye muscle damage
- Anesthetic risks.
Before applying for a blepharoplasty, you should set an appointment with an ophthalmologist because there are a few things that you should discuss with the surgeon, such as:
- Discussing your medical history: The doctor might ask you a few questions about whether you have previous medical conditions or allergies to any type of medication.
- Informing your doctor whether you have thyroid problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other eye problems.
- Informing your doctor if you are under any kind of medication or permanent treatment including chemical and herbal medicine.
- Having a physical checkup: The doctor will examine your vision and ability to produce tears. In addition, the doctor will use a special device to measure parts of your eyelids.
- The doctor will take photos of your eyelids from different angles and positions to help him/her prepare for your surgery and evaluate the outcomes which may result after a long period of time.
In addition, you have to avoid certain medications that lower blood’s ability to form clots like Aspirin. Also, you have to avoid drinking alcohol and smoking ten days before the surgery because they delay the healing process.
On the day of the surgery, you should take a companion with you in case you need any help after the surgery and drive you home.
There are several methods for eyelid surgery.
- Traditional blepharoplasty
the surgery takes about 2-4 hours. It can be performed under regional anesthesia in a beauty clinic or under general anesthesia in a hospital. The surgeon makes a small hole in the upper eyelid. After that, he/she separates the skin from the lower tissues. Then, he/she removes the saggy part of the eyelids and the fat.
- Laser blepharoplasty
It is a simple procedure that requires regional anesthesia. It takes about 30-45 minutes. The CO2 laser is used to make small incisions in the folds of the upper eyelids or near the lower lash line. The doctor then removes extra skin or reforms the basic fat, tissues, and muscles. Special threads are used to close the incisions and dissolve by themselves after a period of time.
- Ul therapy
Ultrasounds are applied on the skin by a special Ul device. The heat caused by the ultrasound waves stimulates the formation of collagen, which tightens the skin and lifts it up.
Recovery after blepharoplasty
Here are some tips that you should follow after undergoing eyelid surgery:
- Blepharoplasty is a simple procedure. This means that the patient can be discharged after a few hours of the surgery. Sometimes, the patient needs a stay in the hospital for one night to make sure he/she is in a stable condition.
- The doctor prescribes some painkillers to ease the pain and eye drops to prevent dry eye conditions.
- Ice packs can be used to reduce swelling.
- You should not lift any weight over 9 kg.
- Avoid swimming and sports after the surgery.
How to have a blepharoplasty in Iran
Since Iran is the number one country in the medical field and since it is the destination for many foreign patients who have no relatives or friends in Iran, GOMEDIRAN company, which is a reputable medical tourism facilitator in Iran, has provided a set of services starting with flight arrangements and not ending with you leaving happily satisfied after your surgery.
During your journey to having blepharoplasty in Ian, you will be accompanied by a special employee who will help you throughout the journey and provide you with everything you need such as translation, moving from one place to another, and undergoing medical tests, etc. In addition, the company will provide you with accommodation near the company’s medical center.
Moreover, GOMEDIRAN will set you an appointment with one of the best surgeons in Iran. If you happen to be a fan of sightseeing, you will be accompanied by a special person who will take you on a tour to watch marvelous places.
That is not all of it. Contact GOMEDIRAN helps center and learn more about GOMEDIRAN services and their reasonable costs. All you need to do is to ask for a free consultation on blepharoplasty in Iran and for journey preparation. Do not hesitate to ask about anything. All the details will be in your hands if you just ask for it.